Dr-Trace
Dr-Trace, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified in General Ophthalmology
66045090

i had cataract surgery 7 days ago. My vision has been cloudy

Customer Question

i had cataract surgery 7 days ago. My vision has been cloudy and blurry ever since. I saw my doctor yesterday and told me that my cornea was burned more than he has seen. He told me that he hopes it will clear up. Will it and if so how long will it take. I have not read that anyone has complained about this. Thank you Dennis
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr-Trace replied 4 years ago.

Dr-Trace :

Hi I am Doctor Trace and I hope I can answer your questions. It is possible to burn the cornea during cataract surgery. These types of burns usually heal up without sequelae in about two to three weeks. If there is swelling associated with the burn, it could take a little longer. With the older types of phacoemulsification machines, many post op patients had burns of the iris and cornea. They all heal well for the most part.

Dr-Trace :

Just be patient and do what your surgeon instructs. If he has been doing cataract surgery for a while, he has treated this condition before and can best judge how to heal your cornea. Trust him and be patient.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had my other i done 3 days ago now i see double vision only when i look up and to the right, looking straight and to the left and down i see fine. what is causes this, i never had this problem before the surgery. Dennis
Expert:  Dr-Trace replied 4 years ago.
You need to discuss this with your surgeon. Sometimes it has to do with using the eye well for the first time after surgery in combination with the other eye. It can also be a muscle problem. Give your surgeon a call and tell him exactly what you told me.

Dr. T
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
He told me it was probably from the injection to numb the eye before surgery and to give it a few weeks which i go see him the middle of may. My question is could it be possible that the iol lens rotated wrong or misaligned or the cornea not in shape with the eye after surgery to make me see double only looking right and looking all the way up?
Expert:  Dr-Trace replied 4 years ago.
Sorry but I cannot tell without knowing what happened during surgery. Be frank and honestly ask your surgeon.

Dr. T