Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Any tip for decreasing swelling in the eyes and forehead from

Any tip for decreasing swelling in the eyes and forehead from hair transplant surgery 3 days after surgery. Ive used ice but I think sleeping with my head below my heart made the swelling worse

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

I think you are correct....sleeping with your head low most likely contributed to the swelling. As long as there is no significant pain, discharge or evidence of infection I think you are already doing the right thing -- continue the ice packs and I would expect the swelling to start improving fairly soon.

Dr. Rick :

If things don't seem to be getting better I would contact your transplant surgeon and let her know what is going on and see what she says.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you. I was just concerned about the swelling under my eyes. The surgeon said its normal for up to four days after. I just didn't want the swelling to damage anything. Do you think theres a, point where its necessary to drain fluid from the swelling?
Usually swelling is in the tissues itself and there is no fluid pocket to drain. I don't think you have to worry about the swelling you are experiencing, as long as there is no evidence of infection, hurting anything at all.

If my answer has been helpful please consider giving me positive feedback and mashing the accept button. Thanks :)

Best of luck to you with your new hair!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will, thank you