Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I would like to get contacts, the extended wear, and I have

I would like to get contacts, the extended wear, and I have a slight astigmatism, which brand of contacts would be the best for me. I would also like information on wearing contacts that are differentf, meaning one eye for reading and one eye for seeing far
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There are many brands of contacts that would work for your. I like accuvue II lenses. This being said, a complete eye exam and refraction will help your eye doctor to select the lenses that are best for your eyes.

Dr. Rick :

As far a monovision fitting (one eye for near, one for distance) many people like this setup...and some hate it. They only way to know what category you fall into is to use some trial lenses (usually free from your eye doctor) and see how it works for you.

Dr. Rick :

I suggest that you see an ophthalmologist or an optometrist near you for a contact lens exam and fitting. This is the only way to figure out what lenses are best for your eyes and if you will like monovision.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.