Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Is anyone there? I have a bad sleep problem with rolling e

Is anyone there? I have a bad sleep problem with rolling eyes

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today. What do you mean "rolling eyes" and how does it affect your sleep?

Dr. Rick :

Do you have any medical problems or take any other medicines?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

I'm still here and looking forward to your reply so that we can continue to work on your question.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Taking quatiapine. Eyes roll uncontrolably making sleep impossible. nothing works
I do not believe that the quatiapine is contributing to your symptoms.

Was the procyclidine prescribed with the hope that it would help with your sleep issue?

If you have a partner who sleeps with you, what do they notice when you are trying to get to sleep? In addition to your eyes rolling (can you better explain what you mean by this?) is any other part of your body affected?

How much sleep do you think you get on a average night?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Procyclidine was obtained by myself due to a web search revealing a similar symptom. I do not have same problem.

All there would be to see when I have problem is eyes rolling under my lids mimicking agressive R.E.M. sleep.

zero hours sleep is the norm when the problem starts but sometimes the problem does not start. It begins when I try to relax for sleep & doesnt stop until I open my eyes.

It is difficult to determine what could be causing your problem. As you might have already surmised, it is not a straight-forward, common issue.

What I can tell you, however, is that it is not caused by an issue that would be primarily linked to your eyes.

That being said, I believe the best thing you can do would be to have a sleep study done in a sleep lab. This overnight test would be able to monitor all aspects of your sleep (or lack thereof)experience including your eye activity, brain function, muscle, heart, lung etc function and -- hopefully -- pinpoint the issue(s) involved in your problem

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.