Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

Yeserday I was driving in my car and all of the sudden I got

Yeserday I was driving in my car and all of the sudden I got the sense that something really bad was going to happen. I had a coolness in my chest and my extremities and they were tingling. My pupils were dilated bilateraly. I had a left sided headache above my eye and the top of my head. The spells came and went. I was very alert and it felt like it wasnt real. I was agitated and definately not my talkative usua; self. the spells came and went lasting about three hours where my pupils remained dilated and then all the sudden i felt pretty my normal. My left jaw would actually get stiff right before it happened but i didnt feel any pain
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Customer:

yes

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Did you have a headache during the episode?

Customer:

no. It came afterwards

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Well the symptoms do look like migraine. In migraine there are many variants such as those with headache and those without, some come with neurological deficits too . But almost all of these subside within a couple of hours and do not leave any deficit behind.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

The pupils would have been dilated due to increased adrenaline flow during the episode as you did seem to be anxious.

Customer:

my biggest worry is that it was a Tia. does the coolness in the chest occur with a migraine?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

For a transient ischemic attack(TIA) there would have been an actual neuromuscular manifestation somewhere in the body. Coolness in the chest would not be considered as its symptom though.

Customer:

Ok. Well thank you. you have eased alot of my worries!

Dr. A.S. Desai :

You are most welcome. I am glad to have assisted you.