Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I got new contacts about 3 months ago and for some reason,

I got new contacts about 3 months ago and for some reason, the contacts that are for my right eye always get painful towards the end of the day. Could there be something wrong with the size of the contact, maybe?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes, that is very possible. That contact could also have a micro tear or "gunk" stuck in it that is too small for the naked eye to see.

Dr. Rick :

It could also be a wrong fit, or you could have blepharitis, allergies....all sorts of things.

Dr. Rick :

I'd suggest not wearing it anymore and going back to your eye doctor, with the offending lens, and have her check it out.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I guess that you have stepped away from your computer. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.