Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

CH - 130

Customer Question

Hi and good evening.

I seem to have a mystery eye disease.

I have been to every eye specialist since last sept. Glacoma, retina, otho - nero a regular eye doctor, my primary and a nerologist.

History:

Last Sept I woke up with my right eye blurry, it went away in a few minutes so I figured I had slept on it. It happened again a week later. After that it started to be more regular like every other day so I went to my primary doctor and he referred me to a eye doctor.
I made the appointment and was seen a couple of days later as it was really getting to worry me. Upon examining my eyes he told me that my pressure was 33 and I had closed angle glacoma and I needed a iridectomy right away! The following week I had the procedure done on my right eye with no problem and was put on Latanoprost eye drops for life. My pressure is now 14.
I was still having problems with just my right eye after the procedure that was done in Oct. 2011 but I figured it was because of my eye adjusting. At the time and when it first started it was only in my right eye and only upon waking up in the morning.
By the next week things got worse, double, triple vision that cleared up when I covered the eye.Images on top sideways every way it was really scaring me.
Went back to the eye doctor and he said everything was fine and maybe I should go to a glacoma specialist. I made a appointment and she couldn't find anything but dry eyes. The problem continued so I made an appointment with a retina specialist. Nothing wrong there either. She suggested I see a nero orth, I forgot to mention that I had already saw a nerologist and he found nothing wrong. So I made a appointment with the nero orth at Georgetown Hospital in Washington, DC which is not far from where I live. My appointment was for Jan 17-2012. I felt for sure he would find out what it was but got the same old dry eye dianosis.
My complaint as told to all the Doctors were as follows.

Dipopia
Turning eyes inward or looking down or sideways they get hard feeling and my vision feels stuck, feel cross eyed but my eyes aren't they are in perfect aligment.
Vision feels very distorted. It goes away within a few seconds but it is a weird feeling I have to say and sometimes I panic and feel like they are going to stay that way one day! This happens most every day when I wake up or during the day if I move my eyes down or sideways. Some mornings I don't have it at all. When this happens sometimes I feel unsteady on my feet, maybe because I panic and have one eye closed.

Me:
65 year old.

Had carotid artery blockage in 04. Had surgery and everything is fine checked every six months. I take plavix, atenenol, tho my bp is often too low. 90/50. Zorcor, levoxyl, ativan daily and one baby aspirin. If feel great otherwise.

Thank you for your time.
G E
Category: Eye
Expert:  Camille-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi I have not received a reply and I think I paid extra for urgent reply.

I would like a refund of $48.00 credited back to my Visa account . Please cancel

Thank you,

XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX