Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I am Diabetic and I have lost some vision in one eye. Where

I am Diabetic and I have lost some vision in one eye. Where do I need to go. This just happened this week.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The best type of doctor for you to see would be an ophthalmologist (eye MD). Since you have lost vision, that has persisted for at least a week, I would call an eye surgeon near you tomorrow and strongly request that they see you right away that day. If the first ophthalmologist is unable to "squeeze you in" then call another until you can be seen right away.\

Dr. Rick :

Since our system doesn't tell me what city or even what State you are from I am unable to give you any names. That being said you can ask friends, relatives, coworkers or just use google to locate an ophthalmologist near you. I would be happy to give you some names if you let me know what city you are in.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and please give me positive feedback for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.