Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

RA-mab

Customer Question

I seen a eye doctor yesterday,because the night before I felt as if something splashed in my eye,following that I started having flashing shadows.The next day I still had them,but they went away later that morning and was replaced by a mass of black dots and tiny black circles when I look at the blue sky and I have shadowy spider still in my vision when I'm indoors. The doctor said my retina was okay.The only thing he thought was unusual was my blood vessels we're curly in the picture he took.Well that's my story,what do you think?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Did your eye doctor mention about a posterior vitreous detachment(PVD)? Did he feel it was a vitreous hemorrhage?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

PVD is one of the commonest causes for sudden onset of floaters and flshes of light. The major concern of a possible retinal tear or hole has been ruled out in your case by an eye exam.

JACUSTOMER-p1yk5s32- :

he said there was no detachment

Dr. A.S. Desai :

That is a very good thing to know.Curly blood vessels or tortuosity of vessels can occur in case of diabetes or other states of hypoxia( reduced blood supply).

Dr. A.S. Desai :

With the retina being intact, I guess the floaters can be left alone for the time being.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Looks like you have gone offline. I will switch over to the Q&A pattern so that you can view the answer once you are online again.Thank you and best wishes.

If you are satisfied with the answer , please press the accept button so that I get my dues.

A bonus and/or positive feedback are welcome.

Views expressed are for information purpose only and cannot substitute a visit to an ophthalmologist