Dr. A.S. Desai
Dr. A.S. Desai, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  MS Ophthalmology with 13 years of surgical expereince
25407765

my left side of my face and eye has been swollen for a week.

Customer Question

my left side of my face and eye has been swollen for a week. only when i get up. then during the day it goes back to normal.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. A.S. Desai replied 4 years ago.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Are you available for chat now?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Do you have any known allergies? Is there any history of hypertension or any renal ( kidney) problems?

Dr. A.S. Desai :

Since only one side of the face is affected, it does not appear to be due to any underlying systemic problem.

Dr. A.S. Desai :

It is possible that it has occured following some allergic reaction ( though bilateral presentation is more common).

Customer:

no

You can take Tab.Zyrtec, 10 mg 1 tablet at bedtime for 10 days. If it is due to an allergic reaction then it should begin to subside by then. You can also give warm compresses to bring down the swelling. If the swelling persists beyond 2 weeks of treatment, then you can consult your physician for another look at the blood pressure and blood tests to rule out systemic conditions.

Thank you and best wishes.

Do NOT press the accept button again as you have already done so. Please feel free to ask follow up questions, if any.