Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

eyes hurting head hurts keep thinking im going to die shivering

eyes hurting head hurts keep thinking im going to die shivering feeling sick just started yesterday and last night my heart started beating fast and i thought i counldnt breath but it stopped after 10 mins but today i feel like my head all foggy like im not really here
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?
Doctor DanB : This sounds like a viral prodrome, meaning these are the symptoms that sound like a systemic viral illness. The reason why the eyes can hurt with a viral illness is because they are outgrowths of the brain and are connected to the brain and therefore whatever the brain is experiences, the eyes often experience as well. If you have a low-grade fever this can also be part of a systemic viral illness. However, if you have a higher grade fever like 39 deg Celsius or higher and have significant light sensitivity, possibly neck stiffness, confusion then these could be signs of meningitis for which you would need to see a doctor for immediately. Does that make sense?
Doctor DanB : Does this information help address your concerns? Does this make sense?  Do you have any other questions about this?It appears you are momentarily out of the chat room. I am happy to be able to help you today. I will also be happy to answer any other questions until you have the information you need; please just respond with any further needs and I will address them then.If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.

do you think i will be ok till monday when i can go to doctors could i have some sort of depression