Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

Hi i had a piece of metal removed from my eye a while ago and

Hi i had a piece of metal removed from my eye a while ago and everything seemed find up until now, im stating to have pressure pain and my eye gets red sometimes. Do i still have some pieces left in it or some rust? Should i go see a specialist again?

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : If you are starting to have pain and redness after having this foreign-body removed, then I do think you should go to see the eye doctor again. There is a chance that you could have an infection which needs to be treated. Does that make sense?

yes it does, i was just hoping i wouldnt have to go back to the hospital again.

Doctor DanB : Do you have an eye doctor you can see in a clinic?

no, rarely go see doctors

usualy i just thought out the problem

Doctor DanB : You can try using some artificial tears 4-5x/day and coil compresses to see if it gets better but then if it doesn't I wield recommend seeing an eye doctor.

i still have the cream they gave me to put in my eye after they removed it, if its not expired should i try that first??

Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

its called erythromycin

Doctor DanB : Yes try using that for 3-4 days to see if that helps this.

alright, thank you very much

Doctor DanB : You bet. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.