Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I drink severl glasses of water a day, use lotion, and use

I drink severl glasses of water a day, use lotion, and use eyedrops, but my skin, eyes, nose, and mouth are still severly dry. I take daily vitumins and eat fruits and vegitables every day. My condition has got more severe with each child I have had. I have not seen a docture.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Ate you a available to chat?

Doctor DanB : Has your doctor ever tested you for Sjogren's syndrome?

no, what is that

Doctor DanB : It is an autoimmune disorder that causes all the mucus membranes of the body to be dry, such as eyes, mouth, genitalia, nose, etcetera.

what causes it and what is the treatment for it. Is there any other possibilities that it might be?

Doctor DanB : The cause of it is unknown. It can be treated by immunosuppressants and other supportive measures. It's possible that it is something else, but since I'm not a dermatologist I'm not as familiar with the other things this might be, but my suspicion that this is Sjogren's is quite high.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?

are there other ways to control it other then immunosuppressants?

Doctor DanB : Just supportive measure like you've already been doing: artificial tears, lotions, etcetera.

Thank you.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.