Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology
36528250

I drink severl glasses of water a day, use lotion, and use

I drink severl glasses of water a day, use lotion, and use eyedrops, but my skin, eyes, nose, and mouth are still severly dry. I take daily vitumins and eat fruits and vegitables every day. My condition has got more severe with each child I have had. I have not seen a docture.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Ate you a available to chat?
Customer:

yes

Doctor DanB : Has your doctor ever tested you for Sjogren's syndrome?
Customer:

no, what is that

Doctor DanB : It is an autoimmune disorder that causes all the mucus membranes of the body to be dry, such as eyes, mouth, genitalia, nose, etcetera.
Customer:

what causes it and what is the treatment for it. Is there any other possibilities that it might be?

Doctor DanB : The cause of it is unknown. It can be treated by immunosuppressants and other supportive measures. It's possible that it is something else, but since I'm not a dermatologist I'm not as familiar with the other things this might be, but my suspicion that this is Sjogren's is quite high.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other questions about this?
Customer:

are there other ways to control it other then immunosuppressants?

Doctor DanB : Just supportive measure like you've already been doing: artificial tears, lotions, etcetera.
Customer:

Thank you.

Doctor DanB : You're welcome. Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.