Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

My wife has wet macular degeneration she has it for 6 or 7

Customer Question

My wife has wet macular degeneration she has it for 6 or 7 years now. She has had laser treatment as well as lucentus treatment but no cataract surgery. We have heard of a telespoic eye implant and we as well as her doctor have tried to contact a firm in California for the past 2 years and have had no sucess, Can you please help her? Her name is XXXXX XXXXX and her doctor is Dr. song of eye associates in Albuquerque, new Mexico. My email address [email protected] Thank you
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

if you cannot chat now please let me know when you are available

Doctor DanB :

I'm sorry I wasn't in the chat room when you were. I can check back with you at approximately 7pm Pacific Standard Time, which for you in Albuquerque would be 8pm, I believe? Let's try planning on that time and we can chat more. But just in case, let me give you a little information now...

Doctor DanB :

I am trying to find you eye centers near Albuquerque that have ophthalmologists who implant this and I haven't found anyone yet. However, I do know of some world renowned eye surgeons in Eugene, Oregon who are implanting this. It is Drs. Fine, Hoffman, Packer who are implanting this telescope. Their website is

Doctor DanB : Are you available now?
Doctor DanB : If not, I will check back again in a little while. I still have not been able to find another practice that implants these yet. If you have further questions about this, please let me know.
Doctor DanB : If not, Please help me get credit for my expertise and the time spent in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Doctor DanB I answered your answer and I also approved your payment. In fact you sent me an email stating that you did recive your payment.Also I was very satisfyed with your answer. I looked up the doctor on the internet and found that he indeed does eye implants. One thing though is that I have NOT had the lucintes treatment. ony the Laser one one eye only.. Thank you Please send my your phone number so that I may contact you if necessary. Louise
I'm sorry; the regulations of this website dictate that I'm not allowed to contact you off this website. even if I did put my phone number in this text it would automatically be xx'd out. However, we can continue to discuss your issue further through this means.