Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I used just two drops of visine A and im experiencing blurred

I used just two drops of visine A and i'm experiencing blurred vision, halos around lights, floater and some discomfort. I stopped using it and it's been 24 hours and those are the only side effects I am experiencing How long will these side effects last or should I go and see a doctor

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

They should have gone away by now.

Dr. Rick :

I think it would be best for you to see an ophthalmologist just to make sure that nothing serious is going on. What do I mean by "serious"? Well, very rarely, drops like visine A that can dilate your pupils can cause a form of glaucoma called angle closure....like I said this is very rare but it doesn't hurt to have things checked out

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.