Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Diagnoised w/cataract in eye previously operated on for retinal

Diagnoised w/cataract in eye previously operated on for retinal detachment & w/beginning cataract in other eye...they wanted to schedule surgery in 3 days...complicated family schedules for next month...danger or serious problem with postponing for a month or so?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

There is no problem in delaying your cataract surgery at all. I wouldn't give it a second thought. Take care of family obligations and then have the surgery.

Dr. Rick :

Delay will not affect your final visual outcome in the least.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

If your surgeon presses you to rush to have your cataract surgery you might want to look around for another surgeon.....unless, of course, he can come up with a very good (and very rare) reason for the rush......

Dr. Rick :

I see that you were online for a brief moment but are once again offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.