Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

the lining on the interior of my eye balls are crinkling what

the lining on the interior of my eye balls are crinkling what will the cosequenses of this be . can it be remedied / /

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

If what you are talking about is on your retina, something called macular pucker then, yes, something can be done.

Dr. Rick :

If you could give me some more information about what is going on with your eye I can make sure we are talking about the same thing

Dr. Rick :

Hi. Welcome to chat.

Customer:

the optom toldme on the interior fo the eye ball the lining was

Dr. Rick :

First of all an optometrist does not have enough training, in my opinion, to diagnose almost any retina issue. You should make an appointment to be seen by an ophthalmologist.

Customer:

the ophthalmologist told me the lining on the inside of my eye ball was crinkling

Dr. Rick :

ok. How is your vision in the affected eye? Do you remember the ophthalmologist saying anything about an epiretinal membrane or perhaps macular pucker?

Customer:

both eyes blurred vision and a tight feelin aroun d my eyes dont remember him saying either i do have an appointment with him at one of his better equiped offices in two weeks but am worried in the meantime am taking optivia drops twice aday as per ininstructions

Dr. Rick :

It is ok to take the optiva drops. That will not hurt anything at all.

Dr. Rick :

From what you have told me I would not worry....there is nothing wrong with waiting two weeks for a better workup. I am a retina specialist and deal with "wrinkling inside the eye" every day and a few days delay shouldn't hurt a thing.

Dr. Rick :

Are you still there?

Dr. Rick :

I guess that you have stepped away from your computer. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.

When you obtain more information from your ophthalmologist I would be happy to go over the results with you in detail so that you completely understand what is going on and what your options are.

Even after you accept this part of the answer you can post back to this thread or click on my link below and we can pick up where we left off at no additional charge.

Have a good evening and try not to worry :o)