Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

I am 30 years old and I have had blurry vision for two days.

Customer Question

I am 30 years old and I have had blurry vision for two days. I have headache as well and I not sure if it is a migrane or if it is something that may be more serious
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

While it is true that migraine headaches can affect your vision it doesn't persist for two days.

Dr. Rick :

Can you tell me more about your vision problems? Is it in both eyes?

Customer:

No, it is in my right eye

Dr. Rick :

What is going on in your right eye?

Customer:

It is blury. It is kind of cloudy around the outside of my vision on the right eye

Dr. Rick :

Does it come and go?

Customer:

Yes, it happened yesterday and lasted for about 2 hours. I went home and laid down and felt better. Today it has come back. I am in sales and work behind the computer for 9-11 hours a day. There is a constant head ache that I have head that I have had since 5:30 last night.

Dr. Rick :

Ok.....I now understand better how your vision is being affected.

Dr. Rick :

This could be due to your migraine. If you don't have an internal medicine MD or neurologist already helping your with your headaches you may want to see one as there are medicines that can stop a migraine before it starts or limit it's duration.

Dr. Rick :

The issue is, most likely, not with your actual eyes but rather with your brain as it is being affected by your migraine.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

I do not get migranes very ofter. Maybe every few years. Do you think that this is due to my headaches/migrane?

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick,

Thank you for responding back to me. I accidently got kicked out of the instant message that we were working on. Thank you for your time and your advice.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
My pleasure. I'm sorry about the glitch with the chat system :(

Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.