Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi Dr. Rick I told my doctor about your recommendations and

Hi Dr. Rick I told my doctor about your recommendations and he agreed.Now I'm using the warm compress on evenings before I shower,It is helping with the itchiness but the redness still there.He prescribed an drop for my red eyes but I wanted to know if I can use allergy pills with drops.Thank you.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. It is perfectly OK to use the allergy pills along with the drops.

Dr. Rick :

I'm glad things are already starting to improve :)

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I live in Trinidad and we grandmother made Kajol (using Ghee which is cow butter)but it's used to get rid of anything in our eyes.could I use this?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I live in Trinidad and we grandmother made Kajol (using Ghee which is cow butter)but it's used to get rid of anything in our eyes.could I use this?Thank you ...
I'm sorta used to using sterile preparations in the treatment of eye issues....that being said, if it is something that has been known to work for generations by local folks and your Grandmother who I am to say you shouldn't use it? :o)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Lol......alright then I'll try anything now because I don't even feel like going out anymore.I'll let you know how's it doing.Thank you so much.Have a wonderful day!!:)
My pleasure....Give my best to you Grandma ;)