Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

right eye a dark cover blocks lower vision . bottom half

right eye a dark cover blocks lower vision . bottom half no vision,, top perfect
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

the most worrisome cause of your vision loss is a retinal detachment.

Dr. Rick :

In any event, no matter what the cause, you need to be seen by an ophthalmologist ASAP. Do not delay.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

It is important that, when you call the ophthalmologists office this morning, that you tell them about your worrisome vision loss and demand to be seen right away. If they are unable to see you call another ophthalmologist until you get in.

Dr. Rick :

I see you are in the chat room. Do you have any questions for me?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Sorry about the problems with the chat system. I am still here to continue our discussion if you would like.