Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

when i was station in Viet Nam I was on the flight line

Customer Question

when
i was station in Viet Nam I was on the flight line and i had a sharp pain in both eye, and the pain was as some one had put a sharp needed in both eye I was rush to

hosp and a dr said if i had waited i would be total blind they kept me their for seven day, and the nurse was putting ever 30 minute or less for 3 hour to help the pain ,and when the pain was under control she would it ever hr for at lease 5 hour. to day the Va is treater me for golcomm (miss spell) can you tell me what help to my eye because the pain was as being shot in both. Thank You..
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It sounds like you may have had an angle closure glaucoma attack back during your active duty days.....

Dr. Rick :

I would expect that you no longer have the pain since your would have been treated to prevent any angle closure attacks at this point. Also you are the correct medicines for glaucoma at this point.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

So you are saiding i had a glaucoma attack while on the flight line, because i was not giving any medicae why in Viet Nam, and the the time that i had an

Dr. Rick :

It is very difficult to tell exactly what went on over 4 decades ago but, from what how you said you felt, what you remember the doctor saying and what you remember the nurses doing it is possible that is what happened. The treatment today, of course, would be much different and since I was only a teenager back then I don't know what the state of the art treatment for an angle closure glaucoma attack was in the 70's....although I would think it would have been a surgical iridotomy. Perhaps there was no eye surgeon available where you were at the time.

Customer:

other attact was when i was in korea. my fist sgt had his driver take me to the hosp in Soul where i had to wailt for a dr gave me a shot in my right eye and say that he would make sure that it would be in my med record, because the army lost my record why in viet nam..

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
I just want to make sure we have addressed all your issues. Even though you have mashed the accept button I am still here and available to continue our chat. Just type in the box on your screen