Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I had what was called a stroke in my L eye losing lower vision,

I had what was called a stroke in my L eye losing lower vision, that was 2 years ago, then last year lost top vision in my R eye. I saw an eye doctor, & was told there was nothing that could be done. The ladt few days my vision is blurry, I have a magnifier over my computer screen & I can not read anything. My eyes are sensitive to light, is there anything I can do?

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Does it seem that your vision has become suddenly worse?

Dr. Rick :

Is the light painful when you look at it?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

I look forward to your response so we can continue to work on your question.
Oops! You accepted too soon. No problem. I'm still here. Did you see my request for more information above?
Are you still there? Just type in the box and hit reply....
Ok. I got your message in the feedback. We can, however, talk to each other right here...

If your vision has dropped and you are having light sensitivity you should get in to see your ophthalmologist right away. If you can't get in this afternoon you should try to be seen first thing tomorrow morning.

Does this make sense to you?

If you want to chat more, just type on this page and hit enter/reply and I will get your message.