Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a growth on my eye in the corner near my nose. It looks

I have a growth on my eye in the corner near my nose. It looks like a pmple with a white head. How can I have it removed. Thank you.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Does this growth have kinda rolled edges with a central crater?

Customer:

Hi, i'm not certain what you mean y a crater. It looks like a pimle with a white head. It is very soft et not red and does not hurt on touch.

Dr. Rick :

Here are some pictures. Does your lesion look like any of these?

Dr. Rick :

http://envisagebayarea.com/skin-cancer-removal-cosmetic-surgeon-san-jose-los-altos-ca.htm

Dr. Rick :

that link also has areas you can click on to show other lesions on the eyelids.....

Customer:

Sorry I am unable to open the link.

Dr. Rick :

In any event, to answer your question almost any ophthalmologist can remove the growth on your eyelid.

Dr. Rick :

Sorry about that.....not sure why you can't open it. In any event it really doesn't matter for our purposes...

Customer:

Ok what next.

Dr. Rick :

Many times it can be done in the office. If the lesion is large, or requires complex repair of the resulting lid defect once the lesion is removed, then it would be done in the OR>

Dr. Rick :

I wouldn't let a GP remove a lesion that close to your eye although some plastic surgeons are comfortable working on lids.

Dr. Rick :

Does that make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

Also, the lesion should be submitted to pathology for review to make sure there is no evidence of cancer in the growth.....another good reason for the folks at the spa to not want to mess with it :)

Customer:

Ok! So in other words I should make an appointment with a plastic surgeon?

Dr. Rick :

Yes, although my first choice would be with an ophthalmologist as they are the most experienced surgeon when it comes to the eye and surrounding structure.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to ask me?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

Are you still there?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Rick :

Ok.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to ask?

Customer:

no thank you.

Dr. Rick :

Ok. Best of luck to you and have a nice day. Take care.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.