Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

hello how ar you doing?? I got funginix nail fungus treatment

hello how ar you doing?? I got funginix nail fungus treatment in my right eye and it bruns
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

The most important thing for you to do right away is flush your eye under clean running water, holding your eyelids open with your fingers or the assistance of someone else, for at least 15 minutes. Have you done anything yet?

Customer:

yes

Dr. Rick :

I have reviewed the complete ingredients of Funginix nail treatment on their website. Good news :). While it will sting a lot, and if a large amount got in your eye and you delayed flushing, it might cause a corneal epithelial defect (and, with that, a significant amount of pain) everything should be OK in the long run.

Dr. Rick :

Hi.

Dr. Rick :

How is your vision in the affected eye?

Dr. Rick :

Also, how much do you think you got in your eye?

Dr. Rick :

Oops....looks like you went offline again :(

Dr. Rick :

What is the take home message? Everything should be OK and you won't suffer any long term damage to your eye or vision. I suggest that, if your your eye is still irritated, using artificial tears 4-6x/day and as needed to sooth you eye.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
We can continue to work on your issue with this thread.

You most likely have some chemical conjunctivitis from the fungal medicine. Cold compresses and frequent use of natural tears should help.

If your eye, in addition to burning, feels like something is in it you may have a corneal abrasion. This should heal in 24 hours or so but will be painful until then. I suggest keeping your eye closed, cold compresses and artificial tears.

If your vision is real bad or you are concerned I suggest you be seen by an ophthalmologist.

Does this make sense?