Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

what is wrong my eyes move from right to left sometimes in

what is wrong my eyes move from right to left sometimes in the past 2 weeks? It's uncontrollable and it's annoying.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Does the world seem to be moving back and forth to you, or do you seem to be moving back and forth, or does everything seem stable when this happens?

Customer:

do u have any clue

Dr. Rick :

Can you see this movement in the mirror?

Customer:

no nothing moves but my eyes and it feels like im excercising them

Customer:

i dont know it would be hard to see if they move. and it happens without notice

Dr. Rick :

Ok. I understand what is happening. The good news? You will be just fine :)

Dr. Rick :

The most likely cause of your symptoms is called myokymia. Myokymia is an involuntary, local twitching of a few muscle fibers in the body of a muscle. This twitching, if it occurs in a limb, is not strong enough to actually move a joint but can be felt and sometimes seen as an area of quivering.

Myokymia commonly involves the eyelids and muscles around the orbit. It often appears and resolves for no apparent reason and has not been linked to any underlying significant pathology. What causes myokymia? Studies have shown that it is associated with anxiety, stress, lack of good sleep, high caffeine intake and the use of some drugs.

The best way to treat myokymia is to get more sleep, decrease caffeine intake and decrease stress. The good news is that myokymia is not a sign of serious underlying pathology and often resolves on its own.

Customer:

thanks i do drink tons of caffine and was askedto go off plus im bipolar with tons of meds

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

My pleasure.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

yes how will it stop