Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hello Lass week I had pteryguim removed stitches were needed

Hello Last week I had pteryguim removed stitches were needed ect. did everything according to instructions today the 6th day after i went to shop;it was quite cold then my vision got cloudy the affected eye teared blood x2 immediately returned home called Dr. office the on-call Doc. basically said it normal something about stitches releasing the bleeding did stop how confident should i feel I think maybe I asould have asked more questions,is that really normal I was not told of this possibility
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. This type of bleeding can commonly occur after pterygium surgery where dissolvable stitches are used. As the stitches start to normally dissolve sometimes a small blood vessel can open up and bleed. I believe that this is what has happened in your case.

Dr. Rick :

Since the bleeding has stopped I agree with the on-call doctor: There is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dr. Rick I am here just want to mull over the answer for a bit ....
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Feel free to ask me any further questions. As someone who has posted to JustAnswer 156 times in the past you know how the system works :o)

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi again did'nt know just ans. had chatting feature must be new anyway since I had a total of 12 should I expect this event to re-occur..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much we are much releaved.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Not necessarily. Not every stitch will be holding a yet-to-heal-completely blood vessel when it starts to dissolve.

In any event, if your eye does start to bleed a bit you will know it is not a sign of something serious.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you this evening.

My pleasure :o)
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD