Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

Hello Lass week I had pteryguim removed stitches were needed

Hello Last week I had pteryguim removed stitches were needed ect. did everything according to instructions today the 6th day after i went to shop;it was quite cold then my vision got cloudy the affected eye teared blood x2 immediately returned home called Dr. office the on-call Doc. basically said it normal something about stitches releasing the bleeding did stop how confident should i feel I think maybe I asould have asked more questions,is that really normal I was not told of this possibility

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I guess you have stepped away from your computer.

Dr. Rick :

Yes. This type of bleeding can commonly occur after pterygium surgery where dissolvable stitches are used. As the stitches start to normally dissolve sometimes a small blood vessel can open up and bleed. I believe that this is what has happened in your case.

Dr. Rick :

Since the bleeding has stopped I agree with the on-call doctor: There is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. I'll switch over to the Q&A system. This system works a lot like 'text messaging' but an email is sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. We can continue to work on your question there..... :)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dr. Rick I am here just want to mull over the answer for a bit ....
Feel free to ask me any further questions. As someone who has posted to JustAnswer 156 times in the past you know how the system works :o)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi again did'nt know just ans. had chatting feature must be new anyway since I had a total of 12 should I expect this event to re-occur..
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you very much we are much releaved.
Not necessarily. Not every stitch will be holding a yet-to-heal-completely blood vessel when it starts to dissolve.

In any event, if your eye does start to bleed a bit you will know it is not a sign of something serious.

Let me know if there is anything else I can do for you this evening.

My pleasure :o)