Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi thank you for that.the doctors in monaco dont know what

Customer Question

Hi thank you for that.the doctors in monaco dont know what it is.as you said before this viris do they take a blood test from your neck?also wondering could it have been a minor stroke? Or low blood pressure which i do have. Mascha
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that you had a stroke of your optic nerve due to a vascular problem but with the treatment you are getting I don't think this is the case.

Dr. Rick :

The condition I was talking about is not caused by a virus but, rather, by inflammation from your own immune system.

Dr. Rick :

When I mentioned taking a sample from a tender artery on the side of your head I was talking about actually cutting out the artery (blood vessel) itself, not taking blood out of it. This piece of tissue is then taken to the pathology department where a specially trained doctor looks at it under a microscope to see if there is evidence of this special type of inflammation in the walls of the removed artery.

Dr. Rick :

This really has nothing to do with your blood pressure.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are currently offline. We can switch to the Q&A system and continue to work on your question there. An email will be sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. See you there :o)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am still here if you would like to discuss this issue further.

I hope things turn out well for you. It really sounds like you are in good hands.