Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.

does a sinus infection cause jagged flashing light in eye.

Customer Question

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Susan : Are you available to chat?
Dr. Susan : This is not a usual symptom of sinus infection. I think it is coincidental.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How much longer will this condition last ?, I'm going to finsih the Augmentin out. It is what I had from last year in my med. cabinet.

Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry for the incomplete answer earlier. I had a computer malfunction and my complete answer did not go through.Augmentin is a great antibiotic for sinus infections!!! Just make sure that it has not expired,otherwise it is not as affective.But the symptoms that you are experiencing are more likely form a posterior vitreous detachment (PVD) which is a separation of the vitreous from the retina. Was we age the gel inside of the eye, called the vitreous, liquefies and pulls from its attachments. This is a benign condition but can occasionally can use a retinal tear or hemorrhage. If you notice lots of flashing lights, a shower of floaters or a veil over your vision- you must call your ophthalmologist. Also if this this jagged line becomes constant or if you always notice it in a specific direction of gaze. Otherwise an occasional shadow or floater is nothing to worry about.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.
my pleasure