Dr. James
Dr. James, Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye Physician and Surgeon
20222826

I have been diagnosed with Diabetes in 2011 and am longsighted.

I have been diagnosed with Diabetes in 2011 and am longsighted. I also get migraines - about 5 a month. I have in the last two weeks or so had my vision get worse (the last presciption change was April 11 and I normally go every 2 years with just a small difference) but in the last two days my sight has become really bad, to the point that I am 2 feet away from the T.V. if I want to watch without any blur (which I haven't been!) and this is definately not normal. I haven't had any migraines in the last 2 weeks. Could this be the diabetes playing with my eyes, or more strangely, could it be from using a vibration plate for 2 x 10 mins per day..?! Would it vibrate my eyes to the point of ruining my eyesight..? I will see an optician in the next few days and a diabetic retinopathy unit, but would love your oppinion. Many thanks, Hazel.

Dr. James :

Hello Hazel.

Dr. James :

From your description, it seems that your glasses prescription has changed from far sighted to nearsighted.

Dr. James :

This is likely due to the diabetes.

Dr. James :

Your optician will be able to tell you how much of a change has occurred.

Dr. James :

The vibration will not affect your eyes.

Dr. James :

Please remember to press accept so I can get credit for assisting you today.