Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have sinusitis at the moment and have very severe facial

I have sinusitis at the moment and have very severe facial pain on both sides. My face is very painful to touch on my temples, in front of ears, under eyes, middle of forehead and at the side of my eyes near my temples along with my eyebrow area. the top of my head is also very sore and if i press on my head I feel a strong pressure in that area. I have got imflammation and swelling around these areas but most notably on my eyebrows. It is very noticeable and my eyelids are almost covered. I have severe persistent headache and very severe eye pain which feels always there but gets worse at times, in a throbbing way. I have sharp severe eye pain when i look to the sides or up also. It sometimes feels like a spasm pain even when im not moving my eye. Are these symptoms a cause for concern? I am worried about complications from the sinus infection. I started with a very cold but these symptoms have gone. I also have a lump in my nose and my nose is very dry and irritated. I have been given doxycycline antibiotics which i have started taking today. do I need to consult my doctor again or are these normal signs of sinusitis?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

hello, im here

Dr. Rick :

hi

Dr. Rick :

Well, first of all the antibiotics have not had a chance to work yet.

Dr. Rick :

Since you were just examined by your doctor, even though you are having a lot of symptoms I think you will be ok to continue the therapy that your MD suggested.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you

Customer:

ok so no need to worry?

Dr. Rick :

It seems that your doctor has things well in hand

Customer:

can normal sinusitis cause this kind of eye pain on movement without it being serious. Im worried about damage to my otpic nerves

Dr. Rick :

Yes. While it is not common, it can. I am not as concerned as I would be since you have been started on treatment by a doc already.

Dr. Rick :

It will take a few days for the antibiotics to kick in.

Customer:

ok thank you. I also experience a strange visual disturbance in both eyes

Dr. Rick :

Your welcome.

Dr. Rick :

Have a good day.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Customer:

which make lines and words appear to move or swirl. It feels like it is just in the centre of my vision

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.