Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.
60442262

I have swollon, watery itchy eyes. What can I do to get rid

I have swollon, watery itchy eyes. What can I do to get rid of this
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Susan : Hello I am online and available. Can you chat?
Dr. Susan : Good morning.
Dr. Susan : Have you had a recent cold?
Customer:

no.

Dr. Susan : How long has this been going on?
Dr. Susan : Any change in vision
Customer:

started yesterday. I had an enlarged pypil in the eye it started in the left. I started using Refresh. Wore sunglassed until the pupil went back to normal.

Dr. Susan : And your vision? Normal?
Customer:

Seems to be. My face is very swollen. All the way down my face and eyes almost swollen shut.

Dr. Susan : You most likely have allergic conjunctivitis- perhaps the environment, dust, makeup, or just exposed to something your body didn't care for. To help alleviate your symptoms I recommend taking Benedryl by mouth to start with!
Dr. Susan : Then for the eyes- cold compress and an eye drop over the counter- either Alaway or Zaditor
Dr. Susan : Use the drop ever four hours and the Benadryl as recommended on the bottle.
Dr. Susan : If you have any other antihistamine at home that will work in place of the benadryl as well!
Dr. Susan : Your symptoms should improve in 12-24 hours- if not call your ophthalmologist or see a doctor in the urgent care clinic.
Customer:

I did take half a benedryl last night. Seems to help with the itching so I could sleep. and I did use cold compresses for a while. It dis feel better. I is not dripping so much this morning. What will the drops do. relieve the swelling?

Dr. Susan : Help with itchy eyes, redness, tearing.
Dr. Susan : Continue with the benedryl- especially since it is helping!