Dr. Dan B.
Dr. Dan B., Board Certified Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Eye surgeon experienced in cataracts, glaucoma, retina & neuro-ophthalmology

I had was what they said was a stroke to my eye a few years

I had was what they said was a stroke to my eye a few years ago and lost about 50% of my vision in that eye. It looks almost like I am looking through a screen in that Eye. It improved just a little shortly after that but has never gotten any better since. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to get the sight back or if it is a lost cause.Do you have any sugestions?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Dan B. replied 4 years ago.

Doctor DanB : Hello and thanks for your question. Are you available to chat?

Doctor DanB : Unfortunately, once the retina has sustained such severe damage due to ischemia (lack of blood flow), there is no known treatment that can restore the function of the retina, nor is there any promising research that holds hope of restoring retinal function after strokes. I'm sorry to have to tell you that. 

So what you are saying is basicly there is nothing I can do to get the sight back in that eye correct?

Doctor DanB : Unfortunately, yes, that is what I'm saying.
Doctor DanB : Do you have any other concerns about this that we haven't addressed? 

No I was just hoping there might be some treatments available now to address that situation. Thanks for your time

Doctor DanB : I'm sorry. You're welcome. Please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter; this allows part of the funds that you have deposited to the website to be released for my efforts to assist you. This does not end our conversation, however-we can continue to discuss any of your concerns without further charges until you are satisfied.Any positive feedback and/or bonus you may feel prompted to provide would be welcomed and is appreciated. Thanks for your inquiry!My opinion is solely informative and does not constitute a formal medical opinion or recommendation. For a formal medical opinion and/or recommendation you must see an eye doctor.