Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.

Had a deeply emotional issue today and felt my blood pressure

Had a deeply emotional issue today and felt my blood pressure soar. Couple hours later in one eye on the periphery I noticed a chain of colors lasting about 4-5 minutes. This happened once before about 4 years ago. I am 54, male, in pretty good health, walk for a living and do not have regular high blood pressure concerns. Is suddenly high BP a cause or could it be something else?

Dr. Susan : Are you available to chat?

Dr. Susan : It's highly unlikely that one isolated incident in healthy individual would cause an issue. If you were a long time hypertensive patient with in controlled blood pressure, the sit auction would be different. There are other vascular issue that could occur in someone whom is not a hypertensive patient. However, it that were the case, you would be complaining about decrease vision, foggy vision- not a couple of flashes! So don't worry I think you are fine!!!
Dr. Susan : Sorry - I meant "the situation" in line 2
Dr. Susan : Is your vision back to normal now?