Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

After doing ptergyium surgery on my right eye I am experiencing

Customer Question

After doing ptergyium surgery on my right eye I am experiencing an adhesion on the right corner of the eye restricting movement to the left? How do I correct this ? Also I should say I and done three surgeries to have that growth completely removed...
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Depending on how strong the adhesion is, it might be able to be broken free and then, by keeping it broken free constantly until it heals up again, you can get rid of the adhesion.

Dr. Rick :

Another thing that could be tried is another surgery to remove the adhesion with the placement of a graft. This might work.

Dr. Rick :

If that doesn't work then you might consider having the adhesion excised again and then treated with mitomycin C to prevent another adhesion....this is kinda risky though.....

Dr. Rick :

The best thing to do, if you haven't done it by now, is to consult with an oculoplastic surgeon.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. Not knowing if you have already tried the things I've mentioned I'll switch to Q&A and, when you return, we can continue our conversation there if needed.

Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
I'm still here and available if you would like to discuss this issue further.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been to if it it is graphed it will be rectified but I am a bit scared that another operation would be detrimental to the eye?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
I don't blame you for being afraid. Even though I've not seen your adhesion I really think that an oculoplastic surgeon can safely repair the adhesion without damaging your eyeball.

The adhesion could, in time, cause problems with dryness, exposure etc, depending on the morphology and the amount of distortion to your eyelid.