Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.

I have been diagnosed with graves disease with double vision

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with graves disease with double vision for 5 months. I see a doctor in ophthalmology at hershey med ctr. Still no improvement.Are there any clinics that specialize in graves disease with double vision?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Susan : Hi are you available to chat?
JACUSTOMER-0m32a4u2- :

Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.

It appears that you are no longer online.

Thyroid eye disease is an intriguing conditions that takes a multidisciplinary approach. What I mean is that a whole group of physicians and specialist need to be on board to help you with both the eye issues and your endocrinological issues. If you are in a small town and seeing a general ophthalmologist- this may not be sufficient. I highly recommend a university based eye clinic. At a university hospital all the subspecialist are in one place and they can work together to get you the help/treatment/surgery that you need. In fact, if you require orbital surgery you need an orbital surgeon (a general ophthalmologist will most likely not feel comfortable doing orbital surgery).

Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.

Forgive me- I just re-read your question. You are very lucky because there is the Wills Eye Institute in Philadelphia and Wilmer at Hopkins in Baltimore. These two are the top 2 eye hospitals in the country!!! I am sure Hershey Medical Center is great but it never hurts to get a second opinion, especially when two of the best are SO close to you!!. Make sure you take all of your information with you when you go for your consult!

Good Luck!!