Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.

How can I get an? erythromycin eye oinyment by Fouge fwithout

Customer Question

How can I get an? erythromycin eye oinyment by Fouge fwithout prescription for my blepharitis?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Susan : Erythromycin is by prescription only. But it also is not the most effective medication for blepharitis either.
Dr. Susan : If you don't have access to a physician whom can write you a prescription, I recommend an over the counter wash called sterilid.
Dr. Susan : It is actually more effective than erythromycin ointment when used twice a day with warm compresses!
Dr. Susan : I see you are now available
Dr. Susan : How bad is your blepharitis?

It isn't so bad, the eye lids get kind of swollen and dry feeling like an allergy to lotion or face cream, more around the evening.

Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.
Sure- try it but castor oil if it gets into the eye itself can make you very blurry! Lots if good hypoallergenic eye creams are also available- just check your pharmacy! You can also have your primary care doctor write you the prescription if it works that well for you! Good luck!