Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

if i have herpes of the eye would it show up in a blood te

if i have herpes of the eye would it show up in a blood test.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Usually for herpes of the eye the diagnosis is made on clinical exam and history alone. A blood test is not usually done. Also the type of herpes that infects the eye is usually different then the type that is found in the genitalia and transmitted by sex.

Dr. Rick :

That being said, if you had a blood test that was negative for all forms of herpes, then it would be less likely that your eye issue to due to a herpetic infection. The best way to be sure, however, is for you to have a complete eye exam by an ophthalmologist in the near future.

Dr. Rick :

does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are currently offline. We can switch to the Q&A system and continue to work on your question there. An email will be sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. See you there :o)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.