Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.

Good day. I got my new specs about a month ago. Can see perfectly

Customer Question

Good day. I got my new specs about a month ago. Can see perfectly now. Problem is they make my eyes extremely tired. So tired they burn. And they burn so much I have to close them. I struggle to then keep them open.
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.
Your symptoms sound more like dry eyes. Dry eyes can make the eyes tired and irritated. Dry eyes can be cause by cold dry weather, computer use, changes in hormones/medications, and other ocular conditions such as blepharitis. It is most likely unrelated to hourglasses. Use artificial tears 3-4times per day and see if your symptoms resolve. If after a week you are having the same issues- see your eye specialist.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Dr Susan. Its not a dry burn. Its that "tired want to sleep" burn. It really feels like there is strain on my eyes. I'm on leave at the moment and not using a computer.
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.
Well I am not doubting you- if you feel strain, it may very well be your glasses. But if you have just had a baby too, there may be hormonal factor that is making you more uncomfortable than usual. Follow up with your doctor and have your glasses checked. In the interim use the artificial tears and see if it helps.