Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I am sixty eight years old, wear annual contact lenses, most

Customer Question

I am sixty eight years old, wear annual contact lenses, most fastidious about washing my hands prior to inserting or removal, have had undiagnosed, until the third stage, lyme disease, started to recover 10 months ago, still seeing a Consultant about the constant headaches I still suffer. , but have made a quicker than expected recovery, regained my strength amazingly, and so glad to be still here and not suffering the awful consequences that some poor souls have to.
I have a blocked tear duct in one eye, on the side that I was bitten by a tick, and had a very bad time with that arm. In the last week I have started to have pain again in the nerves on that arm, and wonder if the blocked tear duct could be connected. ?
I would so appreciate your help as to how I can unblock the tear duct.

Thanking you in anticipation, Doris M Couper
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It would be very unlikely that a blockage of your tear duct would in any way affect the nerves in your arm. I believe that these two things are unrelated.

Dr. Rick :

Concerning the blocked tear duct, do you have a large tender mass in the corner of your eye next to your nose?

Dr. Rick :

My system shows that you are in the chat room. Are you available to chat?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I am still here. Did you see my question about a possible bump by your nose? What is it that makes you believe that you have blocked tear duct?

I am still here even though you have already paid me :)

Let's continue to work on your question, shall we?
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure if you are still there.....

I'm sorry about all the problems we are having with the chat system.

The best thing you can do for the blocked tear duct is hot compresses. You can do them as often as your schedule will allow during the day. The use of artificial tears to lubricate and soothe your eyes while the gland unplugs should help your eyes feel better.

Does this make sense to you?

I am still here if you would like to discuss this issue in more detail. Let me know....

Have a great New Year.