Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

rr-kas

Customer Question

I HAVE MACULAR IN MY RIGHT EYE WHICH HAS BEEN RATHER STABLE FOR 10 YEARS OR MORE. THE LAST YEAR OR SO, ESPECIALLY IN THE LAST 6 MONTHS I HAVE DEVELOPED A GREEN GRAY FILM IN THE UPPER CENTER OF MY VISION --- RIGHT EYE. I VISITED MY OPTHALMOLIGIST, DROPS, AND EYE EXAM. HE SAID THE GRAY FILM WAS DUE TO FLOATERS. SURPRISINGLY I WAS 20/400 BEFORE THE DROPS AND EXAM AND 20/80 AFTER THE DROPS. THE DROPS SEEMED TO MAKE THE GRAY FILM THINNER. MY DOCTOR SAID IT WAS DUE TO MORE LIGHT GETTING INTO THE EYE. QUESTION: IS THE PROBLEM MACULAR OR FLOATERS? THANKS SO MUCH. PAUL H
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

You know, as a retina specialist myself, from what you are telling me it doesn't sound like your green/grey film is consistent with a diagnosis of floaters.

Dr. Rick :

This being said, I do not have the luxury of doing a comprehensive eye exam like your ophthalmologist did. Perhaps it would be best for you to consider obtaining a second opinion from another eye surgeon....

Dr. Rick :

As to whether or not this is a macular issue it is hard to tell -- many conditions can have an improvement in vision after dilation.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are currently offline. We can switch to the Q&A system and continue to work on your question there. An email will be sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. See you there :o)

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.