Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a hard lump just below my eyebrow. also softer purple

I have a hard lump just below my eyebrow. also softer purple lumps below eye on my cheekbone. What could this be. It been getting progressively worse. Started with just a red rash on cheekbone area.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

It is possible that you are suffering from something called milia. These are a common cause of bumps around the eyes and cheekbones. Here is a good website that discusses this:

Dr. Rick :

http://www.skinsight.com/adult/milia.htm

Dr. Rick :

I suggest you have a complete exam by an ophthalmologist or a dermatologist so that a definitive diagnosis and treatment plan can be formulated.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are currently offline. We can switch to the Q&A system and continue to work on your question there. An email will be sent to each of us anytime something is posted to this thread. See you there :o)

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not looking like milia. I have infraorbital swelling on my right temple. Hard large bony growth under the skin under my right brow and purplish softer lumps above my right cheekbone going over to the corner of my eye. A soft tissue Biospsy showed "non-specific inlammation". This began with a red rash and swelling on my right cheekbone /under eye areaabout 2 years ago. The lumps and hard bony growth have come over the past 6 months. It has progressed recently. To give you additional background, I have advanced periodontal problems and asthma.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am looking for your response. Are you still with me?

Lynda
.
You are correct. Given the extra information your problem has nothing to do with milia....sorry about that :(

It is concerning that you are now having bony involvement in the same area that previously showed soft tissue swelling due to "non-specific" inflammation.

It sounds like you are going to need a more extensive workup, perhaps with a total body bone scan and oncology workup. In your case, since this has been going so long without a definitive diagnosis, you may want to consult a group of physicians at a major university teaching hospital. In this way sub-specialists from many different points of view will easily be able to collaborate on your care and, hopefully, get to the root of your problem.

Does this make sense to you?

Are there any other concerns or issues you would like addressed on this topic?