Dr. Susan
Dr. Susan, Ophthalmologist
Experience:  Board Certified & Fellowship trained eye surgeon.
60442262

can I use cyclopentolate hydrochloride opthamolic solution

Customer Question

can I use cyclopentolate hydrochloride opthamolic solution 1% the same as Xibrom?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.
It is not the same medication and it works in completely different conditions! What problem are you having that you want to treat?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i am having cataract surgery on Wednesday and am supposed to use the Zymar and Xibrom drops three days prior. They gave me the Zymar and instead of Xibrom I was given this sample bottle of the cyclopentolate hydrochloride solution
Expert:  Dr. Susan replied 4 years ago.
Ok the xibrom is an anti-inflammatory that helps with post operative swelling. It is very important that you use the Xibrom especially if you are a diabetic. The other medication is for dilating your pupil preoperatively! It'll have no effect on preventing swelling in the back of your eye. Please call your ophthalmologist today and have the surgeon call in a prescription for Xibrom for you! Even if the office is closed eye doctor should be available to answer your questions and calling your prescriptions.