Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Where would I go to get soil testing, raccoon feces on my property

Where would I go to get soil testing, raccoon feces on my property and neighbors attic, to determine if parasite Baylisascaris procyonis has contaminated my property, et al> Obviously this must not be a municipal facility, and I need it to provide evidence of what I suspect infected my eye.....would a vet be willing, do you think?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Your ag extention agent could do the soil testing for you.

Dr. Rick :

This would not usually be done by a vet. You would also need a culture of your eye to show that it is the same bug. In some cases DNA testing can be done to show that it is the exact same bug in your eye as is in your soil.

Dr. Rick :

I have to tell you, however, that this is not a routine test. It may have to be done by a specialty lab or a government agency.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 3 years ago.
Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick, Thanks 4ur reply. I will pay4 advice. Q?? is 'where would I go to get soil testing for raccoon round worm parasite contamination of my property?' My eye is unrelated. As a realtor/landlord, liability is HUGE. Who is, "ag extention agent could do the soil testing for you". Cant b govt cuz city hides this from public. Found out only by US info&want to force city to warn people...Tx Joanne

As a realtor/landlord, raccoon removal and sanitization of soil to eliminate round worm parasite eggs. Remedial action waste of money. City govt protects coons from harm, hides danger from public & exposure wd warn people of v serious risk thats on the rise exponentially as worst enviromental hazard in history.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
If you don't want to go through a government agency then you should submit a sample to a major University. If there is a veterinary school affiliated with that institution all the better.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the ACCEPT button for this encounter. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Im in Canada and cant use a government facility because I intend to litigate with city government, if my property is contaminated with raccoon round worm eggs. Even the dept of health claims 'no info available' for baylisascariasis....Toronto does not make health risk info public, protects raccoons [population exponentially increasing] would a University's test result be upheld by court as expert evidence? Would US lab report be allowed in Can court? Our MDs are government paid and Im sure misdiagnose. As realtor of 33yrs, never heard of this once - now Im renting my home with 3yr old living there, and ten coons about the house...or inside kitchen. They rip off 10 roofs a night ea spring, fearless, will attack...clean up cost waste unless court orders remedial action by city...If I have proof, I can also inform 20,000 realtors thru real estate board, and make info public. I did an internet search, and it turned up little.....I asked this site to refer me to a lawyer, cuz even with a lab, there must be procedure to follow
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Absolutely. The court would see the University as an uninterested, expert third party that was beyond reproach.

I'm not sure about results from a US lab results being allowed in a Canadian court; you would have to ask a local lawyer for that. I would guess, however, that it would not be allowed.

Once you accept this answer you could post another question and ask for a Canadian lawyer for your specific questions pertaining to court procedures etc.

Does this make sense to you?

We can continue to work on the medical aspects of your topic, if you so desire, even after you hit the accept button :)
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest