Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

to live with these flashes (which I can do) And is there anything

Dr. Rick - have one more question. Is it possible that this condition will worsen, stabilize, and I will have to live with these flashes (which I can do) And is there anything that can be done to correct this situation.

Also would be curious as to how something like this can occur, eg, an injury, fall, etc.

I cannot stay next to my computer - but will return shortly - you can send my answers to e-mail and I will check later.  Thank you again for your kindness and professionalism.  You have made me feel so much better.

I am leaving now for CA - will watch for an answer in my e-mail.  I think I already paid an additional $58.00

Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

What can you do about the floaters? Well, floaters don't go away, and they don't really get worse. Over time they tend to "sink" out of your central vision and you brain "filters" them out so you don't notice them so much anymore. They almost never cause significant visual problems except, of course, if they cause a secondary retinal detachment as discussed above. The only way to decrease or remove the floaters is with a major surgery called a vitrectomy. As a retinal specialist for almost 2 decades I've only done this procedure to remove floaters in a handful of cases.

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Payment has not gone through....if you are satisfied with my answer would you be so kind as to push the accept button? Thank you :)