Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest

fair amount to have cataract surgery on both

I wanted to know if the price of $5800 is a fair amount to have cataract surgery on both eyes and also having acrysof Toric lens inplanted for severe astigmatism that will help farsided vision? He needs to have cataracts removed and he could have just the regular lens put in and no added costs. (insurance won't pay for the toric lens.)
Hank Rittershofer
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

That is a reasonable price for the surgery to implant the acrysot Toric lens in both eyes. As you know the lens is not covered by medicare and they are really expensive :(

Dr. Rick :

This being said many patients are happy that they spent the money for the special lens although, like everything in medicine, some patients do not like the acrysof Toric lens after it has been implanted. As such this is a very personal decision.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)

I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Are there any other concerns or issues you would like addressed on this topic?

Let me know if there is anything else you would like to discuss pertaining to this issue.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 4 years ago.
Have a very Happy Holiday Season :o)