Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

vision gets blurryl in both eyes for about 5 mins

vision gets blurryl in both eyes for about 5 mins....clear vision is only straight ahead
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

How often doe this happen? Do you have any medical problems or take any medicine?

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

Hi

Customer:

hello thank you yea

Dr. Rick :

How often doe this happen and how long does an episode tend to last?

Dr. Rick :

Also, do you have any medical problems or take any medicines?

Dr. Rick :

Oops.....your internet connection must be having problems.....

Dr. Rick :

I am going to switch to Q&A as it seems that the chat system is having problems this evening....see you there....

Customer:

it happened on 12/15 yesterday and today all around the same time... i recieved my allergy shots the day before on tues... i have no known medical problems. except sinus disease...ive been seen by an ENT, Allergist, and tomorrow im going to a opthamologist. it lasts about 5-10 min. i lose a little concentration and i get scared that something will advance, then my heart races a lil. i take nasonex, allegra, and q-var, i went to ER last week and everything came back clear. CT scan was negative besides my polyps or cysts in my sinuses...... when i was there also, i broke out in a rash on both sides of my ribs that cleared up by the 21st.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
What Happens Now?

Your chat has ended, but you can still work with your Expert to get an answer to your question if you have not yet received one.

Come back to this page at any time to see additional information from your Expert.  You will also receive an email when your question is updated.  If you want to send a message to your Expert, use the box below.

If you have already received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button above.  Experts are credited for each accepted answer they provide.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
did you recieve my explanation
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Ok. This is working better.....I couldn't see your posts before....

It is possible that you are suffering from a combination of a couple of things. First of all, you may be having some type of panic attacks....although this doesn't explain the rash.

The other thing that could be going on is an ocular migraine. In addition to the visual effects, it can cause light sensitivity, nausea, a "weird feeling" and other stuff. Here is some information on this:

A typical migraine headache starts with shimmering lights, often times they surround a blurry area or have dots or jaggedly lines associated with them. They tend to progressively increase in intensity and sometimes march across the visual field causing difficulty with reading. Many times this is then accompanied by nausea, irritability, sensitivity to bright lights and/or loud noises. After the onset of the lights (called scintillating scotomas), the headache typically starts and the light show tends to progressively go away.
Many people can have this migraine phenomenon without the headache; it is called an acephalgic migraine. Some people even start having these late in life, or may have had a few much earlier in life that behaved differently and haven't had any for decades and then begin to have them; this is not uncommon. A family history of migraines is often present as well.
This is nothing to worry about. It is not a sign of a more serious underlying condition, brain tumor or anything like that. If the episodes become so frequent that they are bothersome there are medicines that can be used to decrease their frequency or stop an episode once it has started.
I, personally, have been suffering from this condition for almost 30 years. I almost never got the headaches after the visual effects and, hopefully, this will continue to be your experience.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Are there any other concerns or issues you would like addressed on this topic?

I am still here and will standby if you need me.....

Sorry about the problems with the chat system this evening :(
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience: Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
I agree with your plan to see an ophthalmologist tomorrow. It sounds like you have had excellent care so far and, while no real diagnosis has been reached as of yet, a lot of "bad" things have been ruled out.

If you have a chance, drop me a note and let me know how things turn out
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it does thank you alot

i was worried if i was having a stroke or an anerysum...

i showed the rash on pic to the dermatologist and he didnt seem to be concerned about it... he said he would do a patch test if it happens again..

last year i seen a neurologist for a ballooning feeling in the middle of my head.... all mri, ct scan, and blood work came back normal..... he said one test was a lil unusual but he said he didnt wanna tell me bc it would worry me even more.... he told me to live my life.lol ... you mentioned light sensitivity..... i did turn off the light and felt like i should close my eyes and relax...it feels like i cant concentrate.... what worries me is it only last a lil bit....

i do have a dull headache right now only on left temerol area

i dont have a history of panic attacks...

this has never happened to me before other than these three episodes. i am seeing an opthamologist tomorrow... what should i bring up to him.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 2 years ago.
Before he starts the exam I would explain to the ophthalmologist about your history and the workup you have had to date (derm, neuro, MRI etc) as well as the visual symptoms you told me about. This way the ophthalmologist can have these issues in his mind while he is looking at your eyes, optic nerve etc.

The dull headache does go along with the diagnosis of ocular migraine....