Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

I have a lump under my skin between my nose and left eye!

Customer Question

I have a lump under my skin between my nose and left eye! It gets bigger adn decreases in size and sometimes goes away but the other day it got bigger adn my whole left eye swelled up! I saw a GP he said maybe sinus and gave me nasal spray and allergy meds. Went to an ENT he said to do CT scan to check if its a cyst but want to know if its a cyst is there any other way to remove it other than surgery and a scar?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

Sometimes a cyst can be drained externally with a needle. This would not leave a scar but it is possible that the cyst could "fill back up"

Dr. Rick :

Are you available to chat?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are offline. We can use the Q&A system to 'text message' each other. An email will be sent to each of us every time something is posted to this thread.

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am glad that you have consulted with an ENT physician as they are one of the best trained and equipped doctors to deal with your issue.

Depending upon what the CT or MRI shows they cyst may be able to be excised/drained using micro surgery, possibly even through your nose. This technique would leave little to no visible scars.

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

If you have a chance drop me a note and let me know how things turn out. Best of luck to you. Have a good evening.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
My system shows you are now back online. I am here if you would like to discuss this issue further. Let me know......