Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

What causes a cyst in the eyeball? What is the treatment or

What causes a cyst in the eyeball? What is the treatment or procedure to remove?
Category: Eye
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Dr. Rick :

usually it is caused by some small, usually unnoticed, trauma to the skin (conjunctiva) on the eyeball.

Dr. Rick :

Sometimes they will go away on their own. If they don't it is a simple thing for your ophthalmologist to "pop" them in the office using the slit lamp. Many times this takes care of it however, on occasion, they can recur. If they do then simple excision can be done if needed.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick :

I see that you are typing and that could mean a couple of things: 1. you are actually typing or, 2, the chat system has frozen up. I'll give it a few more minutes and if I've not seen anything from you I'll switch over to the Q&A system. That system works a lot like 'text messaging' but, unlike the chat system, it almost never freezes up. We can continue to work on your question there. :o)

Customer:

Yes, I was worried that I may have had a foreign object several days prior to the bleed and discovery of the cyst.

Dr. Rick :

Normally it is nothing to worry about.

Dr. Rick :

Is there anything else you would like to ask me or would you like me to give more details?

Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I am still here if you would like to discuss this topic in more detail with me. If not......

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.
Expert:  Dr. Rick replied 5 years ago.
I'm sorry about the technical difficulties we had with the chat system. My screen showed that you attempted to accept my answer however it did not go through.

If you are still interested in accepting my answer would you be so kind and press the accept button again? Thanks.