Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

constant using of my laptop at home and office,would it have

constant using of my laptop at home and office,would it have any effect on my eyes?because recently i am observing that i hardly see things that are close to my eyes.especially when i am reading,i have to adjust the book a little far from my face.

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

What you are experiencing is called presbyopia and is not related to computer use but rather to living long enough for your eyes natural ability to focus up close to become weak. It happens to everyone eventually and is called presbyopia.

Here is a good article on this issue:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presbyopia

The best thing to do is buy a bunch of reading glasses at the dollar store and leave them all over the house. This is what I do and it works well :)

Does this make sense to you?

And, now, the obligatory word from our sponsors: :o)
I hope that this information was helpful for you. Please, allow me get credit for my time and effort in assisting you and press the ACCEPT button for this assist. I will be glad to answer additional questions until you are satisfied. Thank you very much.

Positive Feedback and/or Bonus is welcomed and appreciated.

Let me know if there are there any other concerns or issues you would like to discuss on this topic.