Dr. Rick
Dr. Rick, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Ophthalmology since 1994 with Retina sub-specialty interest
48069651

Hi, our 2yr old daughter sprayed some "Bright Green" Safeway

Hi, our 2yr old daughter sprayed some "Bright Green" Safeway brand bathroom cleaner in her face and we think some got in her eye. Here is the ingredient list of this product: Lactic Acid (Derived from Milk Sugars), Nonionic Surfactant (Naturally Derived), Natural Citrus Oil.

We flushed her eyes for 15 minutes per the directions on the bottle. She seems to be okay now, and there is no redness in her eyes. We checked her vision and she seems to be okay. Is there anything else we should be doing or watching for?

Thanks,
Dave

Dr. Rick :

Hi. I'm online and happy to answer your question today.

Customer:

Hi, our 2yr old daughter sprayed some "Bright Green" Safeway brand bathroom cleaner in her face and we think some got in her eye. Here is the ingredient list of this product: Lactic Acid (Derived from Milk Sugars), Nonionic Surfactant (Naturally Derived), Natural Citrus Oil. We flushed her eyes for 15 minutes per the directions on the bottle. She seems to be okay now, and there is no redness in her eyes. We checked her vision and she seems to be okay. Is there anything else we should be doing or watching for? Thanks, Dave

Dr. Rick :

hi

Dr. Rick :

You have already done the most important thing by rinsing out her eye. Based on the ingredient list she should be fine. I don't think it will hurt her eye at all.

Dr. Rick :

Does this make sense to you?

Customer:

Okay. Thank you.

Let me know if you would like to discuss this issue further. Have a happy holiday season.